Being a freelance developer has afforded me the unique opportunity to provide services for start-ups, banks, consultants, agencies, and many others. In doing so I have been exposed to a wide variety of talented people that I’ve learned from along the way. I am a stickler for process, capable of leading teams through the development of a project from start to finish, while delivering a final product that adheres to high quality standards.
Senior Software Engineer @ Quandl
- Worked on team responsible for delivering Quandl's core data services, which included the primary user facing application and Restful API services.
Full Stack Developer @ ScotiaBank
- Worked as one of the developers on a self-managed agile team that was responsible for delivering a new web application to onboard new and existing iTrade customers.
- Front-end built on React/Redux using TypeScript.
- Back-end built on Node.js using TypeScript.
Full Stack Developer @ Huge
- Responsible for developing a solution for users to enter eyewear prescriptions during checkout on an eyewear ecommerce site.
- The portion I developed was a stand alone React.js application that was separate from the rest of the site built in Adobe Experience Manager.
- Solution also used Redux for state management in the React.js application.
Full Stack Developer @ Mckinsey Digital Labs
- Each MDL project would find me parterned with a new client and MDL team.
- A typical project would find the MDL team paired with their client equivilant; in my case developers.
- Coached client development team in agile/development best practices, while delivering an MVP over a 16-week sprint schedule.
- Fortunate enough to work with many talented individuls in the MDL network; including scrum masters, architects, consultants, and other developers.
Lead Front-end Architect @ Venzee Inc.
- Worked as part of a distributed team with the goal of delivering an MVP version of the product.
- Structured the front-end of the application built on Angular.js from the ground up
- Created an organized codebase that promotes reuse and scalability.
- Leveraged tools such as grunt to create build tasks to automate and optimize where possible.
Front-end Developer @ Glocalspace
- Worked with a team of developers on large scale Angular.js project.
Associate Tech Director @ TAXI
- Aided in the day to day management of a small team of developers.
- Helped introduce new work flow processes to aide my team's project organization and management.
- Participated in the management and scoping of digital projects for myself and the development team.
- Worked as lead developer on larger builds when necessary.
Front-end Developer @ Nurun
- Worked on team responsible for delivering new fully responsive version of Walmart.ca.
Manager Interactive Development @ SapientNitro
- Worked with a talented team of developers on the Loblaw Companies Limited projects.
- Assumed managerial role when the regular manager of the project was away on vacation.
Front-end Developer @ Savoury Projects
- Worked as lead front-end developer on multiple projects including ones for SportsNet and World of Four Seasons.
Full Stack Developer @ SapientNitro
- Lead developer for the Harley Davidson 110th anniversary celebration site.
- Managed a small development team of 3 developers.
- Site needed to support 30+ locales including right to left languages.